“For The Night”: Brandon Romans ft. Coriano Gipson:
Q&A with Brandon Romans:
- Funny that you ask that. I actually got into music after a soccer injury in college. But I’ve been connected to music for a while actually due to me being a huge music listener of all genres. So yes music has always been a passion of mine, it’s an escape.
- I feel like creating a platform anywhere is difficult in its own right. So what I did was start off by focusing on what I had control of. So I focused on creating a fanbase on social media since it basically runs the world nowadays, and I just went with the flow after that and figured out what I have to offer to the potential listens and followers. Around here is a little different because the city is steadily growing but that’s what makes this place beautiful, we are a part of the growth. We make history every day and I’m happy to be a part of it.
- I actually wrote the song “For The Night” in a couple of hours then went to the studio and recorded it. After I listened to it I felt like something was missing, so that’s when I reached out to Coriano Gipson and told him to sing the hook instead of me and after he recorded his part the song sounded complete.
- Part of my mission as a music artist is to be able to paint a picture for the listeners and the inspiration of that song is pretty much the idea of having or finding someone who makes you want to give them everything they want starting with the first night of hanging out and making it perfect.
- In a way, I don’t like to think my flow and style has any type of limitations or a certain lane. I like to be creative and also try different things and I go off my mood, what’s on my mind, and also how the beat talks to me if I’m writing to a beat. There is a meeting point which generates the “Romans” sound. I like to just make my voice an extra instrument with the beat itself.
- My goal for 2019 is to drop new material every single month. Could there be an actual project in the middle of all that? Possibly so but the main thing is to show people that I’m back from taking the break I did and this time I’m not going anywhere. I want everyone to enjoy my art with me. The goal is to be the reason that everyone is enjoying music. I want them to bring up my name.