New York City’s Madison Square Garden was the setting and the fashion, of course, didn’t disappoint a soul whether it was great or laughable.
Bruno Mars controversially won Record of the Year and Album of the Year, while notable and dually as deserving artists like Jay Z and SZA were shut out of winning an award despite their multiple nominations.
Before all the awards came fashion on the red carpet and the multiple fashion statements that were made. Below is a slideshow that highlights some of The Suave Report’s favorite looks from this year’s Grammys.
Best looks from 2018 Grammy Awards:
Major category winners:
- Record of the year: “24K Magic,” Bruno Mars.
- Song of the year (songwriter’s award): “That’s What I Like.”
- Best new artist: Alessia Cara.
- Best pop solo performance: “Shape of You,” Ed Sheeran.
- Best pop duo/group performance: “Feel It Still,” Portugal. The Man.
- Best traditional pop vocal album: “Tony Bennett Celebrates 90,” various artists.
- Best pop vocal album: “Divide,” Ed Sheeran.
- Best rock album: “A Deeper Understanding,” The War on Drugs.
- Best alternative music album: “Sleep Well Beast,” The National.
- Best rap album: “DAMN.,” Kendrick Lamar.
- Best rap song: “HUMBLE.,” Kendrick Lamar.
- Best rap performance: Kendrick Lamar.
- Best urban contemporary album: “Starboy,” The Weeknd.
- Best R&B album: “24K Magic,” Bruno Mars.
- Best R&B performance: Bruno Mars.
- Best R&B song: “That’s What I Like,” Bruno Mars.
- Best dance/electronic album: “3-D The Catalogue.”
- Best country album: “From A Room: Volume 1,” Chris Stapleton.
- Best jazz vocal album: “Dreams And Daggers,” Cecile McLorin Salvant.
- Best jazz instrumental album: “Rebirth,” Billy Childs.
- Best compilation soundtrack for visual media: “La La Land.”
- Best music video: “HUMBLE.,” Kendrick Lamar.